Sunday, February 19, 2006

Purebred Dog photos needed, can you help?

As the next step in developing my career as an artist, I am planning on doing a series of pure bred dog portraits to sell as open and limited edition prints. I am looking for permission to use personal photographs as reference material (credits for use of the photograph will be given) so if you have, or know anyone who has a purebred dog, I would love to hear from you!

There is absolutely no obligation whatsoever to purchase the original artwork or any of the prints created from the reference photos, but if you would like to a discount would be given as thanks for giving me permission to sell prints of the artwork I create from your reference photo.

Obviously some photos will be more suitable than others - because I work in a very detailed and realistic style, I do require photos that are clear and detailed, without any camera distortion and of course of dogs that are a good representation of their breed. The other requirement is that the person giving me permission must be the copyright holder of the photograph - generally the person who took the photo is the copyright holder.

And just in case you you are wondering, I have absolutely nothing against mixed breed dogs, its just that prints of mixed breeds are unlikely to be saleable, especially in the main venue that I will be selling them on.

Thanks!

Michelle

4 Comments:

Blogger tlwest said...

Check out my blog I have a few pictures of my new chihuahua on there!

8:22 PM  
Blogger Michelle Wrighton Artist said...

What a cutie, thankyou!

7:48 PM  
Blogger Michelle Wrighton Artist said...

What a cutie, thankyou!

7:49 PM  
Blogger Gilbert Semillano said...

Sweet! Cute portraits.. Can u sketch my pet rabbits? Thanks!

5:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home