Monday, November 21, 2005

A tribute to our Jack Russell Terrier, Harley

We lost our little girl Jack Russell Terrier over two years ago to a brain tumor. She was nearly 11 years old and such a gutsy happy little dog - a true Jack Russell in every way. It has taken me all this time to be able to do Harley's portrait, I never felt that I was good enough to do her justice. Yesterday it just felt right to start her portrait, and even though this is a new medium for me, I decided to do it in pastels on Art Spectrum paper.

This is one of those pieces that just seemed to paint itself and I am really pleased with the result. And now I can really understand why people who have portraits painted of their 'Rainbow Bridge' pets feel like it is almost like having them back again, that probably sounds strange, and in fact it feels a bit strange but in a way it does actually feel like that.

Here she is 'Harley' in pastel:



















Michelle

http:www.pencilportraits.com.au

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home