Wednesday, November 02, 2005

A progress pic of my latest animal portrait

Well what do you know, its day two and I am actually posting! Today has been one of those Blah type days, you know the kind that you'd rather forget? Seeing as I am quite please with this so far, I thought I'd cheer myself up and post a progress shot of Amarok's portrait...Amarok is a seven year old Siberian Husky. This started out in pastel and colour pencil but has ended up mostly acrylic, what can I say, I got carried away with my paintbrush:) This is my second attempt at an animal in acrylic so I am actually pleasantly surprised that it is looking pretty good. And I am really enjoying slapping the paint around. It still needs alot more work on the right ear (viewers right) and the large expanse of white fur needs further layers and modelling, and I am not yet happy with the mouth. Of course this is a pretty cruddy picture and the colours are not true to life - there is actually a good amount of cream fur above the eyes up to the base of the ears.

So here she is, Amarok in progress (after about 10 hours work)...hopefully I can finish her by the weekend.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home