Tuesday, December 13, 2005

'Waiting' Bullmastiff portrait in colour pencil

This is probably my favourite piece that I have done this year. The look in this dog's eyes just says it all, he is laying there patiently waiting for his owner to come back.



This piece was completed purely in colour pencils on cream Stonehenge paper and took well over 55 hours of work to complete. It was worth it though, because it was awarded First Place in the Painting & Drawings: Animals class at the second Art Show I entered last month - pretty amazing seeing as colour pencil is such a new Fine Art medium, and because the other entries included oils, acrylics and pastels!

Cheers

Michelle

pencilportraits.com.au

2 Comments:

Blogger Rashmi Kayala said...

Beautiful! I like your work.Good job!

3:43 AM  
Blogger Michelle Wrighton Artist said...

Thank you Rashmi, I'm glad you stopped by!

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home